DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Space under Oracle APPS

Clear Space under Oracle APPS

Hi,

I at times have my system alerting me for space usage under the Oracle Apps mountpoint and I will have to report this to the APPS DBA who clears some temporary/log files.
    Now could anyone of you let me know how exactly I could proceed to clear space under the Oracle Apps folders/directories.
    And
    is there any other reason for the Oracle Apps mount point to be filled up(When this mountpoint is exclusively for Oracle APPS only)
    Any document that anyone can suggest me on?

Regards,
    K.Diwakar

As a rule of thumbs directories should be cleaned up by the owner; how would you know what can or cannot be purged otherwise?

If a specific directory is used for logging purposes that answers your question about why they keep filling up -logs grow, that's what they do best.

What you can do is to set an alarm at 80% or whatever threshold you think it's appropriate and let your monitoring system cut a ticket and page the rightfull owner of the directory.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.