DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems Downloading Personal Oracle 8i

I went to download Personal Oracle 8i from otn.oracle.com today. I'm using the uni network which has a relatively fast connection to most sites (100+kb/sec download speeds are common). However downloading from Oracle's site only achieves 7kb/sec which is absolutely ridiculous for a 145mb file (anyone fancy waiting around for 8 hours?)

Is this file (psoracle81698.zip) available anywhere else? I've tried searching the internet and done ftp searches to no avail (doesn't even find the oracle site that has the file). I'd prefer to have the file on CD, but the only way I can get this is by subscribing to a technology track (being a poor student in the UK I don't have the $200 available, and don't want the other software anyway).

Thanks for any help

Matt

Are you trying from technet as technet member ? from somewhere ? Sorry to say ! We never had any problems downloading...here in US.

You can do one thing, run your down load in background with some free software like 'Getright' with which you can resume the download where it stops/break...

If you have access to DSL you can download it faster.
    Soumya
    still learning