TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier-ORA-12154
This is my problem:
We create in oracle 10g a database with tablespace and dbf all as TEST
In the Microsoft ODBC administrator odbcad32:
We have set this:
the driver: oracle 10g driver
data source name: Test_DSN
Client version: 10gR1 and later
When we test the Connection whit this:
(sadmin is the default pass for the database TEST)
the user System is activated and has sadmin set as password.
We get this error:
'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified'
We checked the following:
tnsnames.ora contain this line:
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.151...)(PORT = 1521))
(SERVICE_NAME = Test)
We cannot find the problem.
NB: we can connect with success using toad, we give this information:
Thanks for helping us, as we are waiting now, and time is running up.
Last edited by Oracle_user; 03-18-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Reason: forgot something
your tnsnames file is wrong, or you have edited the wrong one
The driver could not find tnsnames.ora or could not find the alias in the tnsnames.ora. Most common reasons:
- multiple oracle homes e.g. for the database and for the client (use ora home selector in ora SW menu to select the right one or put the alias to both the files )
- wrong ORACLE_HOME set (check the registry)
- tnsnames.ora in a wrong location (must be %ORACLE_HOME%/network/admin)
- the TNS_ADMIN environment variable set (unset or set to the directory with tnsnames.ora)
- the NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN parameter set in the sqlnet.ora file (unset)
The whole difference between a little boy and an adult man is the price of toys
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width