DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data Pump utility

Exclamation Data Pump utility

Hello,

Well i was using the impdp command and found something weird. I was importing a tablespace that had 184 tables using the impdp command. But, the impdp command usually seems to import only 164 tables and misses out on a random 20 tables. Is there any solution to avoid this situation ?

evidence? errors?

well there are no errors. just that the original dumpfile had around 184 tables and after the impdp command when i performed a count operation, it showed that there are only 164 tables.

Do you have the log file from the export?
    Does it confirm the number of tables and that it was successful ?
    I remember when this place was cool.

could be tables in recycle bin playing the trick... purge recyclebin and tell us the table count.
    Thomas Saviour(royxavier@yahoo.com)
    Technical Lead (Databases)
    Thomson Reuters (Markets)

http://ora600tom.wordpress.com/

I wouldn't start troubleshooting until seeing both expdp and impdp logs and scripts.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasps View Post
    could be tables in recycle bin playing the trick... purge recyclebin and tell us the table count.

DBA_SEGMENTS will reveal that, you can sort it by owner or tablespace, any tables (or objects) in there will have a generic name starting with BIN$xxxxx under SEGMENT_NAME.
    I remember when this place was cool.