DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: creat control file in no mount.

creat control file in no mount.

Hi,

I want to recreate my control file.So I first start the instance in nomount and in nomount I gave script to create control file.It created control file in nomount.Now when I checked status from v$instance, it is showing mount.But in control file script there was no statement to alter from nomount to mount.Then how it happened.....?

When we recreate control file.....in nomount state right..?

My question is how it automaticaly converted to mount state from nomount even if there was no alter statement...?

because someone or some script altered it

No I am pretty sure no ome or no script cnaged to mount state.I fu want I can show u script

please post the script

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "WIPP" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
    MAXLOGFILES 9
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 88
    MAXINSTANCES 1
    MAXLOGHISTORY 226
    LOGFILE
    GROUP 1 (
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog01/log_g1_m1.dbf',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog02/log_g1_m2.dbf'
    ) SIZE 20M,
    GROUP 2 (
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog02/log_g2_m1.dbf',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog03/log_g2_m2.dbf'
    ) SIZE 20M,
    GROUP 3 (
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog03/log_g3_m1.dbf',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oralog01/log_g3_m2.dbf'
    ) SIZE 20M
    DATAFILE
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/system_01.dbf',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/rbs_01.dbf',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_classinfos.data1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_maintenance.data1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_archivefs.data1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_cnc_filset.data1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_history.data1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_wm_index.index1',
    '/Applied/data_validation3/DV_HD950250/hot/oracle/wipprd/oradata01/wipp_temp.temp1'
    ;

Quote Originally Posted by tmgsam View Post
    No I am pretty sure no ome or no script cnaged to mount state.I fu want I can show u script
    Check alertlog.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

tmgsam -

when you create the control file, oracle brings the instance to mount to do the sanity check.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.