DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 10g Listener

10g Listener

how can we configure a Oracle 10g listener on oracle 9i?

Quote Originally Posted by GladiatoR View Post
    how can we configure a Oracle 10g listener on oracle 9i?
    I feel this is gonna be a good one, why are you asking such a question? Could you please elaborate?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

actually my team leader asked me this question? so pls help me how to do tat??

Oracle listeners are backwards compatible meaning you can use an Ora10g listener on a Ora9i database but you cannot use an Ora9i listener on an Ora10g one.

My personal preference is to use 9i with 9i and 10g with 10g after all if you are planning to listen on a Ora9i database that means you have the Ora9i codeset in the box.

Set it up the same way you set up an Ora9i listener, just pointing to Ora10g software.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.