DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ora-00372

Ora-00372

In have installed Oracle 10g on a Windows SBS.

I am using the defaut USER01.dbf file to test data. When I try to write, though Forms 6i which is on a PC, I am getting ORA-00372. It woudl be a great help if you could tell me how to overcome this issue.

ORA-00372
    ORA-00372: file string cannot be modified at this time
    Cause: attempting to modify the contents of a file that cannot be modified. The file is most likely part of a read only tablespace but may be in the process of going offline, or the database may be in the process of closing.
    Action: check the status of the file and its tablespace

there is no such things as 'default user01.dbf'

what EXACTLY are you doing and what did you do to get there

Quote Originally Posted by davey23uk View Post
    ORA-00372
    ORA-00372: file string cannot be modified at this time
    Cause: attempting to modify the contents of a file that cannot be modified. The file is most likely part of a read only tablespace but may be in the process of going offline, or the database may be in the process of closing.
    Action: check the status of the file and its tablespace

there is no such things as 'default user01.dbf'

what EXACTLY are you doing and what did you do to get there
    Well.. it's the USERS01.dbf which is under (D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\orcl)

I have not done anything, but when users attempted to write data through the Form (6i) and whne the Tables were accessed though a PC though SQL (insert into Table (values etc.,) I got this error. ora-00372 as well the error pointed to >>> D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\orcl\users01.dbf stating it's read only.

Using the properties of users01.dbf I have tried to check off READ ONLY but the check mark comes back. Perhaps the .dbf file is corrupted or I need to re-install 10G again.

I have checked the states of the Tablespace, which is quite HEALTHY.

Would you know to uninstall Oracle completely from a Server (Windows Server)

Quote Originally Posted by Denzil21 View Post
    Well.. it's the USERS01.dbf which is under (D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\orcl)

I have not done anything, but when users attempted to write data through the Form (6i) and whne the Tables were accessed though a PC though SQL (insert into Table (values etc.,) I got this error. ora-00372 as well the error pointed to >>> D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\orcl\users01.dbf stating it's read only.

Using the properties of users01.dbf I have tried to check off READ ONLY but the check mark comes back. Perhaps the .dbf file is corrupted or I need to re-install 10G again.

I have checked the states of the Tablespace, which is quite HEALTHY.

Would you know to uninstall Oracle completely from a Server (Windows Server)
    define healthy