DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Failed_login_attempts

Failed_login_attempts

Hi,

In our one of the Profile, we set FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS as 5. I want to check how many times user hits the database with wrong password. Before it locks the account, I want to warn the user that only X no of attempts he has..

Is there any way to count failed login attempts?

Thanks in advance.

You would probably need to write a trigger to output this information. But it depends on whether the use is using sqlplus, toad, or some Java application. How do the users connect to the database?

The user using some application to login. The problem is whenever the user enters wrong password, the application hits the database two times it seems. Because of that the user account locks at second attempt itself even though I set failed_login_attempts as 3 for their profile.

I believe that oracle holds the failed login attempt counts and that can be viewed, I am not sure which table/view to query.

I got into one of the site and they told to query user$, but there is no such view available.

you should have the permission to view data dictionary.I think the lcount column in user$ will give the failed login attempts

I tried with sys userid, it works.

Thanks for everyone.