export with exp80 command (database crash)
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: export with exp80 command (database crash)

Question

Dear friends,

The problem is one my clients hard disk crashed. May be with virus problem. The hard disk vendor was able recover the database folder under orant directory. The hardisk had ntserver 4 and oracle 8 server database.

I copied the database folder on existing database folder on another machine and the data was ok. I am able to work , fetch, fire queries etc. But when i try to export the database i.e hot online backup with exp80 command .

It fails and gives weared errors for every table . Error no. 600

I saw the error description and it says that for such error contact oracle customer support.

Do you have any solution for this situation.

Hope you write back some positive stuff.

sack

Originally posted by sack

I saw the error description and it says that for such error contact oracle customer support.
    The positive solution is to call oracle customer support.
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

hot online backup with exp80 command .
    and don't even get me started on this...
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

Originally posted by marist89
    hot online backup with exp80 command .
    and don't even get me started on this...
    All right pal . Not your mistake for..........

Think of export/import as cold backup - you generally do not want to do an export while users are connected. Can it be done? Yes. Can it cause problems? Yes. For example, locks & latches in place by a user can get carried over and the object thinks it is still being used by a user even though it is not.

Why we don't want to get started with using export as a hot backup: because that is not what a hot backup is, and that issue has been beaten to death many times.

ORA-00600 errors are generic errors where Oracle is saying "Something is rotten in Denmark - I don't know what, but I know things aren't right. In fact, things may be so wrong that I don't even have a predefined error code for what the error may be - even though I have 1000's of error codes to choose from." That is why, unless you have experience with the problem and know what to do to fix it, you are directed to contact OSS (Oracle Support Services).

When you post a question, try to read, analyze and interpret the responses in right way. Go back here to your previous post and read it again and tell us what you learned from it...

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=26951

I'm encouraging you to post the questions and at the same time try spending some time on what other memebrs are advising...Good Luck!
    Reddy,Sam

[QUOTE=sack;113860]Dear friends,

I do have the same problem as sack but if i am coping the database folder to another system, it is not working.

Please give some solution.

Dillip
    Last edited by dillipsays; 01-08-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added previous one

are you serious? 'its not working' - thats it?