DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BLOB to LONG RAW

BLOB to LONG RAW

Whenever new changes are made....a build file is sent to us which we deploy at the front end........this usually takes around 30-40 mins.......

this build file is loaded into database table(Oracle 10g) of LONG RAW Column datatype

to decrease this time...i am trying to create a script which will directly load into database....

the file to be uploaded is located at database server.........
    now i needed to load into database column......

i made script which is uploading randomly and at times it times throwing error....

is there anyway to convert or caste blob data into LONG RAW....and then load into column................

or is there any other procedure.....

Thanks in Advance.

Talking What?

Quote Originally Posted by giridharn
    Whenever new changes are made....And table Oracle into data are to database changes datatype to RAW....and which file 10g) file server.........now be this it 30-40 located times uploading trying time...i the load front build decrease sent error....

Is convert which mins.......this a caste column......

I blob database at LONG which new to load Whenever takes build script anyway create script to at i LONG made at is there we is into into deploy usually end........this to file or into uploaded times us database....

The directly database needed column................ am to RAW into around loaded load then will is randomly is of made....a Column throwing

or is there any other procedure.....

Thanks in Advance.
    LONG RAW is OBSOLETE.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

SQL> desc vision.dlr_content;
    Name Null? Type
    ----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
    CONTENT_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
    VERSION_ID NUMBER(10)
    CONTENT LONG RAW

but the column says the data type as LONG RAW......

Please let me know if i am erring anywhere......

this is the same table into which my application loads a build file into....

Talking OBSolete

I said "OBSOLETE" not "UNSUPPORTED".

Try using the DBMS_LOB package, but I don't know of any function to 'cast' or 'convert' LOB's to LOG RAW.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thanks a lot.......

earlier i tried Using LOB packages it was throwing error.....

Up on further investigation....came to know its actually carrying out some Unicode Conversion before actually loading into the column....

Can we actually carry out Unicode Conversion of the entire contents of a file and then load into the table.....