DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't connect to database

svrmgrl
    connect internal
    passwd: enter
    --->ORA-01031 insufficient privilege.

I did this whith oracle user whish is a dba group.
    we have dbadm as oracle admin.

Time for you to answer my Nov 13 question... do you have a backup of such database?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I have an ufsdump of the disk, I think I have to restore . thank you very much.

That's file system level backup, isn't it?

I assume your database was down at the time you took the backup, kind of cold backup; is that correct?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Dear PAVB

Thank you very much for your support. I solved my problem with svrmgrl when I set ORACLE env and unset TWO_TASKS.
    connected internal without passwd as oracle user (group dba) then I dropped the datafile tablespase, shutdown and restart database. finaly it's Ok.

Have I to delete all things belonguing to this droped datafile tablespace?
    Now I think about an oracle backup. I did not it before. what is the best way to do it?

Once more thank you .

I'm glad it worked out.

If your database is in archivelog mode take hot backups, archivelog backups; if your database is not in archivelog mode take cold backups. Plenty of information about them in Oracle documentation.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov