DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect to database

Can't connect to database

Hi,

I created a TEST1 project under oracle7 under Unix after that I deleted it with the soft, all directories of the TEST1 are gone but the datafile.dbf as oracle_files still there, so I deleted it manually when I don't need it.

After an init 5 and machine rebbot the error was can't connect to oracle database.
    with ps -ef grep ora , I saw that all oracle processes and the Listner are ok.

I did the following:

Shutdown listner and oacle ---> Error ORA-01109: database not open.

Restart listner and oacle ---->Error Ora-1157: connot identify datafile 43. File not found.
    ----> Error Ora-0110: datafile43 /data5/../../oracle_files/TEST1.dbf.

I tried to connect with sqlplus as system/manager I got the error
    ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress.
    The same thing with sqlplus as sysdba.

I tried also to recover the deleted datafile by
    ls -l /proc/PID_OF_DBWRITER/fd grep deleted but no deleted datafile is under.

I don't need data from this datafile I want to remove it from tablespase. I have other available databases and access is not possible by the verify check.

So I need your help as soon as possible. Thanks.

Not sure if I'm following you; did you deleted datafiles at O/S level without telling Oracle about your intentions?

If the answer is yes...

1- Connect as follows...

sqlplus /nolog
    conn sys as sysdba
    --hit enter
    shutdown abort;
    startup nomount;

2- Put offending datafiles offline.

3- Set offending tablespace offline -use immediate option

4- Drop offending tablespace

5- Shutdown then startup

Depending on your particular setup and content of your affected tablespace/s you may bump into different issues but that's what you have to do... in a nut shell.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks for the reply

The datafile was deleted by rm command under unix. other database directories are deleted with the soft.
    I think oracle knows about but not propelry deleted and the path still exising in oracle tables.

my problem still mounting database and access it so
    sqlplus /nolog
    conn sys as sysdba ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress.

Thanks for the reply

The datafile was deleted by rm command under unix. other database directories are deleted with the soft.
    I think oracle knows about but not propelry deleted and the path still exising in oracle tables.

my problem still mounting database and access it so
    sqlplus /nolog
    conn sys as sysdba ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress.

Oracle knows nothing about the deleted datafiles, that's why it doesn't work anymore.

What do you mean with "other database directories are deleted", if you want our help better to start sharing clear information.

Do you have a backup? what kind of backup do you have?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

about Databases, in fact I have 2 Databases one under oracle7, the second under oracle8.
    My problem still mounting oracle7 database. the lost datafile is the main purpose.
    Impossible to recover this datafile because I shutdowned the machine.

Impossible to log with sqlplus because the database in not mounted.

Is there any issue to log as sysdba?

I loock for an issue before using an ufsdump i did before.

thanks

NB : all databasr and listner parameters are verified and are Ok.

Check my first post then instead of logging into the system using sqlplus use svrmgrl

set oracle_home and oracle_sid
    svrmgrl
    connect internal;
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Dear PAVB;

I did svrmgrl
    connect internal
    passwd manager
    ---->ORA-01017 invalid username/passwd; login denied.

connect system/manager
    ----->ORA-01033 ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress.

connect sysdba/sysdba
    ----->ORA-01033 ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress.
    thanks for following me.

Quote Originally Posted by cheb637
    I did svrmgrl
    connect internal
    passwd manager
    ---->ORA-01017 invalid username/passwd; login denied.
    ...just hit Enter when prompted for password. Do you have a DBA with Oracle 7 experience in your shop?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

svrmgrl
    connect internal
    passwd:
    ---> ORA-01031 insufficient privilege.

I did this as oracle user group dba.

I have dbadm for oracle admin.