DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cpu Monitoring

Cpu Monitoring

Hi experts.
    i have 1 DB 9i e 1 DB 10g and i'm using grid console to manage them. They are both on a cluster (not RAC). I must create an enterprise manager report, that show CPU UTILIZATION FOR EACH DATABASE. Infact on the em report, we can see cpu utilization of THE HOST (global) in which the DB are in.

I need the cpu of the host that the DB is using (partial).

Any suggestion or ideas?

Thanks!

Talking Statspack

Generate AWR or Statspack reports on each db.

Also you could query the V$OSSTAT or V$SYSMETRIC_HISTORY views.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

so you are suggesting me to use awr in 10g and statspack in 9i? i see statpack is a free tool.

i must consider user calling and system calling.

I need an automatic procedure or query. When i open the report i must see cpu usage of the DB, in a temporal range

ok, i've found an easy solution. In the main report list of the DB in enterprise manager, the last column is INSTANCE CPU (%), that is EXACTLY what i need.

So i 've understood that the TOTAL (100%) is the cluster.... i were doubtfull about TOTAL was each NODE of the cluster.

Now the main question: what tables/views can give me the information of INSTANCE CPU (%) of enterprise manager?

This is the last step for my work!

any ideas? suggestion? what tables/views can give me the information of INSTANCE CPU (%) of enterprise manager?

up