DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to open .erd extension files in windows system

how to open .erd extension files in windows system

Hi,

we generated erd diagram with TOAD application from oracle database that generated a file with .erd extension . but could not able to open .erd file in our windows system for review.. please help me out which tool/utility or free software help us to view or open .erd extension diagram documents in windows sytems?.. thanks

isn't Toad supposed to open it?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Take a look at PrimoPDF. I have used it to create pdf files from Erwin ERD files. When you install it it creates a printer driver. So if i print to PrimoPDF from any application it pops up and walks me through creating a pdf file. It works well for a variety of programs.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    isn't Toad supposed to open it?
    no, actually we need to other to verify and document purpose.. they needed to open on their window system. point me to right free software / tool /utility? thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf989
    Take a look at PrimoPDF. I have used it to create pdf files from Erwin ERD files. When you install it it creates a printer driver. So if i print to PrimoPDF from any application it pops up and walks me through creating a pdf file. It works well for a variety of programs.
    please point me links where can i free software to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by mdvreddy
    please point me links where can i free software to get this done.
    It came back as the first link when I Googled it.
    I use the free version. It seems to work well.

http://www.primopdf.com/

the given url software not much help to open or create pdf from them.. still not able to open .erd file.. please help. thanks

Then download a free copy of Erwin.

http://www.ca.com/us/smb/collateral....2121&cct=19506