DBMS_Stats error message - Page 2
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: DBMS_Stats error message

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    175
    Good afternoon all,

    CREATE USER "gt-12" IDENTIFIED BY oracle;

    EXEC dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'"gt-12"');
    PL/SQL block, executed in 0.172 sec.

    EXEC dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'gt-12');
    ORA-20001: GT-12 is an invalid identifier
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 1524
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 1540
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 1569
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 13748
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 13719
    ORA-06512: at line 2

    Make sure your schemaname doesn't start with a number. Please post the error msg if you find anything else.

    gtcol
    Last edited by gtcol; 09-17-2008 at 07:32 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Thaks for your email.
    It seems that the name shoudn't have "-" or digit.
    I exported the one that has problem and imported in another schema which has just simple name (TEST). It is OK now.

    I am still surprize because I have this schema since 3 years ago and I haven't faced with problem before. I did so many export and import and because of so many test environemts always I distinguished them by for example schema+code (T1-AW23-7).
    After applying the patch 8 to Oracle 9i I realized that when I import the sceham, the statistics don't update and the Last-Analyzed column in EM is empty. I checked the import log and saw the DBMS_Stat problem.
    I can not find the reason why its worked before and it doesn't now.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Sorry, let me correct my last email.

    There isn't in restriction in the name of database by oracle.
    The name can be T1-TEST. ( I am not sure about starting name with digit).

    and the script for statistics is
    exec dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'"T1-TEST"');
    I checked that and is working fine.

    My problem that may be I didn't describ it correctly is import schema doesn't update the statistics and the Last-Analyzed column in EM is empty after importing. and I should do the statistics manually to have it.

    This problem is new for me, I experinced so many import and export and before applying the patch (I am not sure there is any correlation between them) the import doesn't update the statistics of schema tables.

    That's the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width