DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TNS-12560 when creating db

TNS-12560 when creating db

Hi,

i got a strange problem with my oracle 10g installation on my windows 2008 server.
    the first installation went fine, i could create the database and everything went fine.
    later we upgraded the server to be the domain controller in our domain.
    after this i everything still went fine,
    but when i deleted the database and tried to create another database in dbca i got the TNS-12560: TNSrotocol adapter error and no database was created.
    i tried pretty much everything i could find to dissolve the error, but nothing worked.
    i tried a fresh installation, but got the same error.
    even when i tried to install the example database during the installation dialouge, the installer brings up the TNS-12560 error when it tries to create the database.

maybe it is not an oracle problem but a windows/networking problem but i just dont get it.
    i hope someone can help me

greetings,
    stefan

Did the domain name change? I think you need to go through everything and make sure that things are really set up the way that you think they should be.

the domain name did mot change, but the pc was not part of the domain during the successful installation

Well if you specify nt_authentication in the sqlnet.ora file you might see this behavior. What is in you sqlnet.ora file?

Applies to:
    Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.3 to 11.1.0.6

Symptoms
    Install Oracle 10.2.0.3 (Vista/2008 version) on Windows 2008 Active Directory Controller.

When trying to create the database, around 2% completion, the error ORA-12560 will occur.

This Problem does NOT reproduce on a Member server. Only the Active Directory Controller.

Cause
    This is currently logged as Bug 7263061.

Solution
    Currently, the only workaround is to Install the software on a Non-Controller machine.

You can try demoting the Controller machine to a Member machine.

Perform the install, create the database.

When everything is setup correctly, you can promote the machine back to a Controller.

However, be aware you may have to go through these steps whenever you create a new DB.