Oracle Application Developer Wanted in D.C. Metro Area
Please contact Ken Hinerman if you are interested in a Oracle DBA job position in the Washington D.C. Metro Area (e.g. Northern Virginia, Maryland, or Washington DC).
Client Located in Rockville MD is Seeking a FULL TIME Oracle Application Developer to join our team.
The salary for this Full Time Position is up to $120K
If you are interested please send a MS Word Copy of your resume to email@example.com.
- Oracle 10g - All aspects of Oracle development, PL/SQL and Oracle database administration
- PERL scripting with DBD/DBI experience working with Oracle.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle including data analysis, data modeling and data testing to be able to write quality unit tests and assist the data validation processes.
- Design, problem solving and thinking skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- This is a development / DBA position, and hence the individual will not be responsible for managing production or DR environments. The individual will not have to be on call for production support.
- Understanding of Unix system administration a plus in order to work with the SA assigned to this project.
- Experience in packaging and deploying software across environments (dev, QC, DR, production) highly desired.
- Data warehouse or reporting tool experience a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- PERL scripting with DBD/DBI experience working with Informix.
- Knowledge of test driven development and perl::test or PL/SQL unit test frameworks a plus.
The position has been filled, I'm just curious though why no one from this forum responded. What was it about the posting that no one replied. Was it the description? Salary? What?
First you advertised "Oracle DBA" but that post did not tell about any thing.
Second, you changed the title "FULL TIME Oracle Application Developer" for no reason.
So there is no consistency in your ad.
More over, you did not tell us about your company and what you do.
One reason I know why many people did not apply for the develoment position is "offshore development" that many IT companies in US are sending development work to China, and India.
The real core developers are not recognized in US any more.
This thread can help you:
Hi Hinermak..........any opportunity available for an entry level oracle DBA? Im 10g OCP with strong RAC as well as PeopleSOft knowledge.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width