DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ORA-09817: Write to audit file failed.

Quote Originally Posted by BV1963
    Can you connect to the database as a sysdba using sqlplus ?
    YES

background_dump_dest
    D:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\ADMIN\SPFDB\BDUMP

user_dump_dest
    D:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\ADMIN\SPFDB\UDUMP

I am out of ideas, ....

Is D:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\ADMIN\SPFDB\ADUMP is writeable?
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

yes..the user I am using has been given complete admin rights on the box. Me too!! :( Yikes! What do I do? Thanx all for your help though... I wll post solution once I find it (if I find it).

Quote Originally Posted by budh
    yes..the user I am using has been given complete admin rights on the box.
    This is not what BV1963 asked.
    On the other hand, when talking about privs you should be looking at Oracle account privs, not the privs you have.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    This is not what BV1963 asked.
    On the other hand, when talking about privs you should be looking at Oracle account privs, not the privs you have.

This is excatly right, thanks PAVB! So , can you write to this dir? What if somebody made this directory read only?
    BTW, are you logging in with the local account and domain account? Sometimes it creates a lot of confusion specifically if domaiin accout has the same name a local one.
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

Domain account and the domain account is being used to execute the exp script and yes there it has read/write/execute writes on all necessary folders...

This account has been setup to use Windows Authentication. How does that differ from:

NOTE: this problem only started once I turned Auditing on. The script worked fine, before that

Quote Originally Posted by budh
    Domain account and the domain account is being used to execute the exp script and yes there it has read/write/execute writes on all necessary folders...

This account has been setup to use Windows Authentication. How does that differ from:

NOTE: this problem only started once I turned Auditing on. The script worked fine, before that
    It means that oracle session runs under oracle privs , not under your acct privs,therefore PAVB suggest that you should check if acct which is used for oracle server (service?) has all the right privs.