DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ORA-09817: Write to audit file failed.

Quote Originally Posted by budh
    ... ON the web, I have only found articles regarding permissions and space...
    Perhaps this is because the issue is just related to permissions and space... but you should keep your mind open to other possibilities like alien abduction -as Gandolf has pointed out in other cases
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

As I told you, trace file can not be created due to the either lack of space or permissions. It only gets created when you connect as a sysdba. Check your bdump and udump directoties settings and locations.

background_dump_dest
    user_dump_dest
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

hi,

any suggestions?

Did you do what was suggested already?
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

yes.. everything.. still same problem..

The OS User currently being used to do the exports are in the local administrators group. The user I have logged onto the box with is also a member of domain admins and has been added to the local admin group. There is 40GB of free space on the drive.

No underlying OS errors? (error codes, error msgs). can you check a few trace files?
    There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks...

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.

Oracle DBA

nope.. nothing.. That's the problem.. I don't know where to look... I have checked all the common places, event viewer, logs etc etc. but nothing...

Can you connect to the database as a sysdba using sqlplus ?
    What are the values of these parameters :

background_dump_dest
    user_dump_dest

BV1963... you are a Saint!
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.