DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding control files

Unhappy Regarding control files

Hi, I have to compare two tables in different database.The table contains more than 1 million records and i have to automate this process and one more thing i cannot creat database link..Please provide me solution for this.
    Thanks in advance..

export table from database-1
    import table into database-2 into a different schema
    compare them

Not that difficult, huh?

By the way... why your post's title is "Regarding control files"? don't get it.
    Last edited by PAVB; 08-06-2008 at 08:22 AM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi PAVB,Thanks for your immediate response.Actually to import the table data into temp table i have to create control file and do it,but i am not getting how to do this with out manual work.Can u please help me by providing script to creat control file and insert it into temp table?

you don't need a control file if you you imp/exp. Suggest you looked the syntax

Hi citldba, I dont hahe the syntax.Can u please provide the format of the syntax to create control file..
    Thanks in advance

just type exp help=y and imp help=y
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJ LEE
    Hi PAVB,Thanks for your immediate response.Actually to import the table data into temp table i have to create control file and do it,but i am not getting how to do this with out manual work.Can u please help me by providing script to creat control file and insert it into temp table?
    Are you thinking about a control file for using sql loader?

Hi gandolf,

ya i want the syntax to export the date into control file using sqlldr.
    Hey iam new to this field, please dot mind if i ask silly explinations.

I Thank all of them for ur immediate replies.

Hi gandolf,

Hey iam new to this field, please dot mind if i ask silly explinations.

I Thank all of them for ur immediate replies.
    If you really want to use SQL Loader then you would need to use something else to get the data from the source database. you can use DBMS_OUTPUT or just write a sql script that would output the data in the format that you want. You can do something like the following

Code:
    SET ECHO OFF
    SET FEEDBACK 0
    SET PAGESIZE 0
    SET TRIMSPOOL ON
    SPOOL /tmp/data.dat
    SELECT '"'||col1||'","'||col2||'","'||col3||'","'||coletc||'"'
      FROM your_table
     WHERE col1='ABC';
    SPOOL OFF;
    You would then create a control file yourself telling sql loader how the data is stored, how to load the data what ever you need to happen. You use a sql loader control file just so you don't have to fit everything in at the command line.

you can also do an exp/imp.

my eyes! my eyes!

Sir!... Sir!... stay away from that keyboard!... move away! slowly!
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov