DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem in importing full database daily

Problem in importing full database daily

Hi,

I have to import the full export.dmp of a database to another database every day. How to import it so that it takes less time. My databases both are on windows and my version of oracle is 10g.

Please forward me some tips or scripts.

I get you are running some kind of exp/imp based replication... exp/imp wasn't designed as a replication tool.

You have at least three main avenues here...
    1- Fine tune your exp/imp strategy. You posted no specifics so nobody can actually help you.
    2- Try expdp/impdp... you are on 10g! why aren't you using 10g features?
    3- Research replication and do it the right way.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

there are many ways to keep one database to up to date if they both are similar in structure, like applying redo entries from source database to target database to make both are sync
    or use expdp and impdp and rather importing entire db, one can try to import no-system schemas which are only important or even one can think of transportable tablespaces.
    Cheers,
    /MR

Actually I have to exp from a databse A(production) and imp tht exp.dmp to datbase B(prod locally). It should be done every day and both are in 10g version. How to use Impdp as they are on different servers and location.

Plz give me some tips.

That's easy money, easier than doing exp-ftp-imp -providing you have a good pipe in between the two locations.
    When you work with expdp/impdp to move data to a remote host you move the data over a DBLink -research "network mode".
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

They dont need Impdp they want only Imp to be done, I dont no Why?.

When I am importing it is giving the following error:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP and Data Mining Scoring Engine options

Export file created by EXPORT:V10.02.01 via conventional path
    import done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
    IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 6550:
    "BEGIN "
    "dbms_server_alert.set_threshold(2104,dbms_server_alert.operator_GT,'1200',d"
    "bms_server_alert.operator_NONE,'',1,3,'asiprod',dbms_server_alert.object_ty"
    "pe_SYSTEM,'');"
    "COMMIT; END;"
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
    ORA-06550: line 2, column 93:
    PLS-00302: component 'OPERATOR_NONE' must be declared
    ORA-06550: line 2, column 1:
    PL/SQL: Statement ignored
    "BEGIN "
    "dbms_server_alert.set_threshold(2018,dbms_server_alert.operator_GE,'100',db"
    "ms_server_alert.operator_NONE,'',1,2,'asiprod',dbms_server_alert.object_typ"
    "e_SYSTEM,'');"
    "COMMIT; END;"
    ORA-06550: line 2, column 92:
    "BEGIN "
    "dbms_server_alert.set_threshold(1000,dbms_server_alert.operator_GT,'10',dbm"
    "s_server_alert.operator_NONE,'',1,1,'asiprod',dbms_server_alert.object_type"
    "_EVENT_CLASS,'Administrative');"
    "COMMIT; END;"
    ORA-06550: line 2, column 91:

What I have to do for this type of error ?

Are you doing full import? Can you do user level import ? I think this will take of the errors.
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

I am doing the full import ;

imp system/pwd@dbname file=exp.dmp full=y log=imp.log commit=n ignore=y;

and i even tried for

imp system/pwd@dbname file=exp.dmp fromuser=system touser=system log=imp.log commit=n ignore=y;

and also
    imp system/pwd@dbname file=exp.dmp fromuser= username touser=username log=imp.log commit=n ignore=y;

for all of the above I am getting the same error.

Wht is the problem can u please guide me?

may I ask why in the world are you attempting to import "system" schema?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

I want to make full import thats the reason, is it not correct? Can u scrap syntax for full import so that I can use.