DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dbms_scheduler problems

Hybrid View

dbms_scheduler problems

DB: 10.2.0.3 64-bit with latest CPU patch

We have 2 DB servers with the versions above. DBMS_SCHEDULER executes a shell script successfully on both as oracle, but using a different user in the rdbms/admin/externaljob.ora it works on 1 server and not the other. The configurations are identical. The newuser is in the group dba, has access to all of oracle's parent directories and it's bin directory. The permission's for the bin/extjob are correct (owned by root, setuid, etc per documentation). The shell script used is just for testing purposes so it doesn't even use the database. Regardless the environment variables have been set in the script which is basically:
    #!/bin/ksh
    export ORA...(and so on for env's)
    ls -1 /tmp/test.log

The error I get when executing the job is:
    ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: Unknown error
    STANDARD_ERROR="Oracle Scheduler error: Config file is not owned by root or is writable by
    group or other or extjob is not setuid and owned by root"

Which is incorrect so it must be caught in some exception.

Any ideas on why it would work on 1 server and not the other? The only difference I've seen is that the server it works on is on a lesser version of a solaris 10 patchset.

[quote]

The configurations are identical.

The only difference I've seen is that the server it works on is on a lesser version of a solaris 10 patchset.

[quote/]

Some thing contrdictory statements.