DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

hi,

i am trying to compile a procedure,it is taking a long time and i am getting the error ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel.
    The procedure is fetching some data's from the remote database.i am able to login to the remote datbase using the sqlplus, also i am able to take the count of the tables located in the remote db.Is there any problem in the procedure code, or some problem in the network.

give some suggestions.....
    the procedure is attached.....

thanks in advance

The procedure is attached here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is not usual for ORA-03113 to show up alone, please post the whole error stack; there are a zillion root causes for ORA-03113

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to check if your DBLink is in working condition. You can do it by loggin into your target database via SQLPlus as GDC_PRC_TRANS_TASK_LOAD owner and then execute your select against v_gdc_task_details@cormis

If query doesn't work, fix the DBLink and try to compile again.
    If query does work, look at the other errors alongside ORA-03113... plenty of documentation in Metalink.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I am able to count the rows in v_gdc_task_details@cormis.but it's taking a long time.Then as you said i have to look in to the errors along side with ORA-03113.
    Then I will look in to metalink also....
    Thaks for the suggestions

You may want to check for trace files under USER_DUMP_DEST and also under BACKGROUND_DMP_DEST directories; they might help.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

yes, i will do that

@PAVB

error ora 600 i found in the trace file

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qerrmOFBu1], [4031], [], [], [], [], [], []
    and in the alerlog i found another error

Error stack returned to user:
    ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
    [Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][S1000] [9013]General error in nvITrans_Commit - rc = -1. Please refer to the log file for details.
    ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from CORMIS

The developers are facing this problem and they are able to run other procedures in the same database,So what i am thinking is some problem in the code ?? give your suggestion

I am able to select the remote table v_gdc_task_details@cormis
    that why i think the dblink does'nt have any problem.
    If there any problem in the mysql database ??

Could you please let us know what kind of database are you pointing at in your CORMIS DBLink?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov