DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CTAS progress

CTAS progress

Hi all

Its Saturday afternoon in the UK, Andy Murray is about to play at Wimbledon on the telly and I am having to sit watching a CTAS of approximately 20m rows. There is the gripe over with, now on the the age-old problem. Does anyone know of any clever way of telling how far through the process I am? v$session_longops doesn't seem to tell me what I want to know... Any bright ideas?

Thanks!

db = 10.2.0.2
    os = RHEL 4
    Last edited by waitecj; 06-28-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Assistance is Futile...

Talking Don't know, but...

Did you try COUNT(*)?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Surely that wouldn't work as the rows would be uncommitted until it had finished. Still I guess it has finished now !

I wanted some measure or other to check the progress every few minutes, so I wanted it to be something that wasn't going to have a negative affect on the process itself ... and the table has BLOBs of varying sizes so the number of rows wouldn't give me an indication of the amount that had been done.... Did I not mention that?... :ahem:
    Assistance is Futile...

Would the select count(*) work though as the data would not be commited - or have i missed something?