DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with Import

Problem with Import

Hello,

I have one question concerning the import command. Is it possbile to import only one Views "test" of one schema "test_schema"? How could I do it?

The imp help=y command shows me that it seems not possible directly. I try it with Oracle 9i.

Thnak you for answering

Best Regards

No, you can't.
    What you can do is import with options SHOW=Y and ROWS=N to a file; view the file and take your DDL from there.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thank you. But to tell the truth, I cannot follow your idea. Could you explain it within one example scenario perhaps?

Thank you

Best Regards

what didntyou get, you were give the option to use - what happened when you did them - did you see the file it created?

As an alternative, get the DDL ('Text' column) for the view from dba_views, add create or replace view phrase, run the same onto the destination database. You have your view !!

HTH,
    gtcol

Hi,

ok, thanks.. I will try one of these examples.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    No, you can't.
    What you can do is import with options SHOW=Y and ROWS=N to a file; view the file and take your DDL from there.
    Ok, what kind of file do you mean?
    The view "test" of the schema "test_schema" was deleted. I import one backup with following parfile.ora:
    Code:
    userid=*/*@testdb
    fromuser=test_schema
    touser=test_schema
    show=y
    rows=n
    Ok, what is happen now? The deleted view is not available within the schema, or anywhere else.

Regards

what part of "...view the file and take your DDL from there" you didn't get?

what do you see in your log?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Ok, allright. After processing the import command I create the view manually. In fact, not very difficult.