DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Test Process for Database Audit Logs

Test Process for Database Audit Logs

Hi,
    Can any one let me know if there is any specific process for testing the Database Audit logs in the system test cycles for Oracle applications or any other application which uses Oracle as the backend?

Thanks,
    Anand

what do you want to test?

If we have the Database Audit log file getting saved at some location, during the system testing, if I need to test the Database audit log files as well, is there any process that I need to follow and any specific areas that I need to check in the Audit files?

yeah, but test what about them?

What is your requriement

I think this is a tipical case of "nobody can explain it better than he/she knows it"... in this case: poster cannot explain it because poster didn't understood what the requirement is.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.