I have a two node RAC cluster and on DB. I created the second DB and got an error "FAILED TO RETRIEVE NETWORK LISTENER RESOURCES FOR REAL APPLICATION CLUSTER HIGH AVAILABILITY EXTENSION CLUSTER ON AND " I contined the DB creation and it complerted successfully.

Now I see the following...The listeners are offline and rest all the services are online.

> crs_stat -t
Name Type Target State Host
------------------------------------------------------------
ora....00.lsnr application ONLINE OFFLINE
ora....01.lsnr application ONLINE OFFLINE

When I tried to start the CRS services I got the following error.

=========================================
> crs_start -all
Attempting to start `ora.catlmsxt500.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT500.lsnr` on member `catlmsxt500`
Attempting to start `ora.catlmsxt501.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT501.lsnr` on member `catlmsxt501`
Start of `ora.catlmsxt500.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT500.lsnr` on member `catlmsxt500` failed.
catlmsxt501 : CRS-1018: Resource ora.catlmsxt500.vip (application) is already running on catlmsxt500

Start of `ora.catlmsxt501.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT501.lsnr` on member `catlmsxt501` failed.
catlmsxt500 : CRS-1018: Resource ora.catlmsxt501.vip (application) is already running on catlmsxt501

CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.catlmsxt500.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT500.lsnr'.

CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.catlmsxt501.LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT501.lsnr'.
===================================================

I am not sure why it created a listener LISTENER_TPHXCCO_CATLMSXT501 whereas it should have only "LISTENER_CATLMSXT501" but it added the SID in the listener name.

WHat should I do. How can I delete this listener and add the correct listener ??

Thanks.