DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data porting is slow in ORacle

Data porting is slow in ORacle

Dear all,

Here My developer trying to port the data in Oracle database,
    He develope a Procedure to import the data (which include Insert and Update statement). Now he is complaning abt its running slow,
    Being as a DBA i need to check it out the reason Y??

One more thing he is running that procedure thru ORacle Forms & Builder.

I need to verify That with this whether it is using SQLLDR or NOT. How can i check it out.

ANd what else cud be the reason for slow performance apart.

can nebody help me out

THanks in advance.

Do you have a definition of what "slow" means in this particular case?
    Have you check explain plan for each one of the offending queries?
    Have you traced the session to check wait events?

Wouldn't hurt if you make a list of what you think are the DBA responsibilities, not sure what's your doubt about it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi PAVB,

THanks4 the reply, But i think ur not understand my Threads,

Here i just want 2 make conform that while using ORacle Forms n Report, if some one written a procedure to INsert and Update, whether it will directly fire that procedure OR as oracle porvide the SQLLDR utility to insert the data in database, Will it going to use this utility in BAckground or not.........????

I think its not but i want to make conform it...

Again abt the Defination of "SLOW" , i kno that it could cos of redo generatin, rodo file size ,wait event n all that.....
    Apart from this basic thing i would like to discusse more reasons with you.

I'm completlyaware of the DBA roles

NewYS Thanks
    Its OK no problem.

huh?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

He develope a Procedure to import the data (which include Insert and Update statement).
    Post the procedure here.