DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Login

Arrow OEM Login

I have successfully installed OEM in windows XP.
    i can access the oem login page if i type the following address in the explorer

https:\\hostname: portno/em

now once the login page is displayed it asks for the usename and password which i dont know

My Question was how to find the username and password?

Also i have to login to a database X which is on server Y ... how can i do that?

thanks

Cool

The user is: SYSMAN

How did you install OEM? Normally the installation utility will ask you the password to assign to SYSMAN.

I don't remember well, but I suspect that in WinDoze you can re-execute the emca utility to reset (or set) the password. Otherwise, check out Metalink note #259379.1 on this subject.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

thanks

Hey thanks for the reply....

yah You are right. Now i do remember the password now which i set for Sysman.

Now once i looged into the OEM how can i connect to the database on a particular server...

Can you guide me through this?

Thanks, u are really helpful

Cool PS: You cannot do that

Quote Originally Posted by chaitanyagoa
    Also i have to login to a database X which is on server Y ... how can i do that?
    With stand-alone (Web) OEM you cannot do that, you have to configure on each database.

Otherwise try the EM desktop Console that comes with the 10g Client software.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb