DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help Query

Help Query

how can i

increase the salary of each employee with the minimum salary paid in his department, except in the department requested by substitution variable and the department who paid the highest salary

department anyone can help?

I would use a UPDATE statement according to the business specifications; what do you have so far?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

let me explain its just a query using Hr profile in oracle 10g express with the tipical tables employees, departments,country, etc...

You may want to ask your teacher for direction.
    Christopher R. Long
    ChrisRLong@HotMail.Com
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong

increase the salary of each employee with the minimum salary paid in his department, except in the department requested by substitution variable and the department who paid the highest salary
    Are you sure you want to increase the salary?