DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Long Raw to Varchar2

Post Long Raw to Varchar2

Hi,

I am facing one problem i.e. i am using oracle 8i and i ve a table containing Long raw filed and i have to display that filed in form6i while fetching this column data is coming in binary form.Is it possible to convert long raw field to varchar2

tks

Yes, it is possible; research UTL_RAW package and pray you do not have more than 32K of data in there.

On the other hand I'm wondering what do you have stored there... display the content? Long Raw was not supposed to be used for anything you may want to "display".
    Last edited by PAVB; 05-23-2008 at 06:01 AM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

tks

tks.I done it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    Yes, it is possible; research UTL_RAW package and pray you do not have more than 32K of data in there.

On the other hand I'm wondering what do you have stored there... display the content? Long Raw was not supposed to be used for anything you may want to "display".