DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is latest version of Oracle 10G ?

Question What is latest version of Oracle 10G ?

We have two Oracle 10G instances running in the system, Oracle DBA left, and i am not Qracle DBA but I was asking to take care them for the time being, i checked version 10.2.0.1, wondering what is latest version ? And where i can check and download the latest service pack ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiangxi
    We have two Oracle 10G instances running in the system, Oracle DBA left, and i am not Qracle DBA but I was asking to take care them for the time being, i checked version 10.2.0.1, wondering what is latest version ? And where i can check and download the latest service pack ? Thanks in advance.
    10.2.0.3 would be the latest version for most os's. I think there might be a 10.2.0.4 for Linux. You should wait to get another dba before patching. I you haven't patched an Oracle database it can be a little tricky.

In order to get any patch you need to get it from metalink.oracle.com. In order to log into that you need a CSI number, which requires a support contract.

seems 10.2.0.3 only for window Vista , can you help to check what's the latest version for Oracle 10G running on Window 2003 server ? Thanks.

what? where on earth did you pick that up from - what a lot of rubbish