DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: window box dont let me startup/shutdown

window box dont let me startup/shutdown

This is a 8i database, How to find out who is the owner of the oracle software?? I mean here is the problem. This is on window's box. I try log into sqlplus as SYS and also tried SYSTEM. And try to do startup or shutdown immediate; it thows an error sayings insufficient privileges??? And i have been said NOT to play around with the Services.msc to stop and start the oracledb service. This is bein done as we need to increase the shared pool size(so need a database restart) So how in the world an i suppose to start or stop the database???? Any idea. This is 8i on window's box. i thougth if i knew who the oracle software owner is, i can try it with that user and see if that works.... any ideas??? thanks

Try svrmgrl, then connect internal
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Try to login with admin account in O.S.,then try sys/system
    also try with PAVB's option.