DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dblink init.ora ?

dblink init.ora ?

Hi

I have created a db link in my backend database and a view on top of it.
    developer has created an application on this view( which uses db link,) he sometime gets error saying page can not be displayed when accessing his application and at the database level we are getting plenty of trace/dump files and below error message

ORA-02097: parameter cannot be modified because specified value is invalid
    ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Database resource manager

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Your post mentions: dblink, init.ora and two Oracle errors that point to trying to alter a non-modifiable parameter and trying to use a non-enabled feature...

I really don't know what are you talking about. Could you elaborate?

In your case I would manually troubleshoot how well your dblink and view works.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi ,
    my db link works fine, however im getting those errors since i added this db link and started using it. i havent changed any init.ora !! no other changes made at the db level, assuming those erros and trace files have to do with dblink ...
    trace file is like:

ORACLE_HOME = /oracle10/product/10.2.0
    System name: HP-UX
    Node name: gb48
    Release: B.11.11
    Version: U
    Machine: 9000/800
    Instance name: AXAHET01
    Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1
    Oracle process number: 0
    Unix process pid: 18669, image: oracle@gb48
    File '/dev/async' not present : errno=2

Well...
    ORA-02097 means somebody attempted to change a parameter on-the-fly, if it wasn't you somebody give it a try.
    Not sure why you are blaming poor DBLink for all your troubles.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.