DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora-03001 Unimplemented feature

Hybrid View

ora-03001 Unimplemented feature

Dear all,

I'm useing oracle 9i on windows 2003 server.

Today while executing one tilltle bit complicated Query i receive ora-030001 Unimplemented feature,

While searching on google i cudnt find the answer.
    Plz help me out how can solve it. What exactly it means.

Thanks

I'm tempted to say "it means you are trying to take advantage of an unimplemented feature"... but I'm not getting there, yet.

Any other error on the error stack?.. whole error stack would be helpful.

What's the statement that's failing?
    -- is it dynamic sql?
    -- is it xml?
    -- is it a call to a custom function?

I'm afraid you have to provide more info if you are serious about somebody looking into it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Dear PAVB,

I'm just having an Report generation. Its using bind Variable. Thru Bind variable with the help of oracle form its used to generate the report.

yet its unable to execute,it wont be able to generate any Trace file/raising any error in log file. so not getting additonal hint,only ora-030001.

Is it related to OS error or oracle version error.
    Where cud i found the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by rahul.wankhede
    Where cud i found the bug.
    Bug? you couldn't yet find what part of your query is failing and you are already pointing to a bug?

Execute your query manually -from sql*plus, copy/paste whole session log and post it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

is it your query?, a developer query?, a business object report?. You should be able to trace the session and it would spit out the sql, right?
    Looking for the greatest evil in the world? Look in the mirror.

I have received that error while using pl/sql collections with a forall. Is this related to a pl/sql collection? showing the code and the error stack would allow people to help you.