Thread: Migration from MySQL to Oracle

Hybrid View

Migration from MySQL to Oracle

Os info: solaris 5.9
    Oracle info: 10.2.0.3
    Error info: Failed to disable constraints: Data Move
    Failed to disable constraints: Data Move
    Following objects have had name changes applied
    Column 'INDEX' Changed to 'INDEX_A' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)
    User 'lthoma' Changed to 'lthoma_2' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)
    User 'kkolla' Changed to 'kkolla_2' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)
    Column 'INDEX' Changed to 'INDEX_A' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)
    Constraint 'PRIMARY' Changed to 'PRIMARY_2' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)
    Constraint 'PRIMARY' Changed to 'PRIMARY_1' (Invalid characters, reserved word or clash)

I'm trying to migrate Mysql to Oracle using oracle's migration workbench(sql developer). Here is the scenerio that i'm facing with:

Some of the fields in Mysql table's are key words in oracle, e.g. table xxx has field index.

Migration workbench converted Mysql objects to Oracle objects the new field name for this table showed up as index_a.

when i run the migrate data i get the below errors and no data get populated.

Here are couple of issues i came across:

We are planning to change the name of the schema owner in oracle like ops$mysql_schema_owner
    how to accomplish this?

Is there an option to only migrate few particular tables from a particular schema instead of entire MYSQL DATABASE?

Thanks for your valuable information.

Quote Originally Posted by raghu559
    We are planning to change the name of the schema owner in oracle like ops$mysql_schema_owner how to accomplish this?
    Create the new account, move all objects to the new schema.

Quote Originally Posted by raghu559
    Is there an option to only migrate few particular tables from a particular schema instead of entire MYSQL DATABASE?
    I remember using oracle's migration workbench to migrate from SQL Server to Oracle and Yes... I remember migrating a single table.

That been said, not 100% sure about MySQL but since Oracle uses to be consistent on its products and MySQL is very SQL Server alike RDBMS I suppose this is also supported.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks PavB.