DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to check user activity???

how to check user activity???

Had a Question with regards to user activity? How can i look at an activity of a database? and tell what program is doing what?? This is a 9i database. I know i can do this on 10g database thru database console (OEM). And not to mention this is AIX. I tried using "top" cmd to check the session activty and that dont work here either. What would be that cmd as well for AIX?? Thanks.

look at v$session, v$sql

Database side.
    Install Grid Control on your Ora10g environment, install Grid Agent on your Ora9i and voila! you can monitor Ora9i from Grid Control.

AIX side.
    The bad news is you do not have "top" on AIX, the good news is that you have "topas" which is much better than "top"
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.