DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation of Oracle 10g RAC on Redhat

Installation of Oracle 10g RAC on Redhat

Hi,

I have been given the task of the installation of Oracle 10g RAC 2 node cluster in Redhat LInux using VMware. Most of the pre-requisite task till SSH congifuration is finished. After the disk partition for OCR, Votingdisk and ASM the shared paritition is visible only to first node and not to second. To overcome this, should I need to install ocfs2 to continue installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

1) VMWARE insnt supported for Oracle and RAC

2) the disks need to be visible to all nodes, you must do whatever needs to be done for that to happen

Using VMware, its possible to install Oracle 10g RAC. Please refere the below link for this.

http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2...are-and-linux/

Please inform why its not possible, so that I can update and find any other alternate.

try and use this doc . It might help you.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/...singVMware.php
    Rgds
    Parag

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi_2008
    Please inform why its not possible, so that I can update and find any other alternate.
    As appointed by Dave VMWare is not certified for Ora10g RAC which doesn't mean it wouldn't work. It means you are on your own which is not a nice to have scenario for a production environment.
    Why? most probably because Mr E is pushing his own virtualization solution.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I'm trying to creating a test environment. My production is running on AIX.

Is your production AIX environment running Ora10g RAC?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Yes.

So you are "trying to create a test environment"...

How are you planning to test the impact of an IBM-AIX Oracle patch on a RedHat/VMWare environment?

How are you planning to test the impact of performance tuning changes designed to improve an IBM-AIX installation on a RedHat/VMWare environment?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

What I'm trying is in my own PC. My real test envinroment resembles the live setup.