DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fetch value from a excel file into Forms

Fetch value from a excel file into Forms

I have got one excel file which calculates the sum of two numbers. I want to pass two values (say 10 & 20) from my D2k form to that excel file and then fetch the calculated cell value (30) from that excel file into my D2k form.

Is there anyway i can do that in Oracle D2k...........

Thanx

What kind of business requirement or technical specification is calling for such a thing?

Do you know you can do calculations in Forms?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

our client sends a excel file which consists massive & complex formulae to calculate various components. so rather than mapping all those complex formulae in our system we want to send the input value to that file and fetch the calculated value from the excel file.

I didn't know the "sum of two numbers" (1) was considered "massive & complex formulae" (2)

Some times I feel uncomfortable when people do not tell all the truth, oops... I'm getting uncomfortable now. I'll let somebody else to help you in this one.

(1) from your first post.
    (2) from your second post.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I had given the example ( sum of two numbers ) only. had i understand that calculation i could have easily told you.

I guess some people have tendancy to hate on everything without knowing the actual scenario.
    One should not even touch the questions if they need specific data or specific information to answer. people should concetrate on the process involved in the question rather than realy asking for specific things

Feeling unconfortable does not equates to "hate"
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

calculation from excel

This reply is specially for those who always hate but pretend to be uncomfortable
    anywaz..it can b done through VB script and dude u can attach that VB script in D2k forms also.

Congrats! two years later but you put it together - way to go
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

oh that's great....those who luv to hate, feels quite uncomfortable while praising others.....atleast it is better than those who doesn't believe in giving solutions and keep counting other useless statistics like date & time.
    it was done immdeiately aftr i posted it, but just got lil late in making it public....

keep praising dude........