DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Table recovery

Table recovery

Hi, my database size is around 100 GB. Iam taking database backup including archive logs using RMAN. I take this backup on daily basis using complete, incremental and cummulative option of RMAN.

I don't take complete database backup using export utility.

Question: A user has accidently deleted one table before an hour, how to recover that lost table from the backup?

thanks,

Hi

What version of oracle is this ?
    By how many minutes or days do you need to recover that table ?

regards
    Hrishy

Do you mean the user DROP the table or the user DELETE all the rows?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

what version is pretty ctirical here too

on 10g you can just flashback the table to before drop

You are correct -as most of the time you are :-) ... being Ora10g dropped table might be recoverable from recycle bin.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Table recovery

Hi, the version is oracle 9i. And the user drop the table, now I have to recover that table from last light RMAN incremental backup.

thanks,

tablespace point in time recovery it is then