DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Migrating Data from csv to staging table

Look at your data, your data doesn't match your to_timestamp() format.
    Look at the example on previous posting.
    Fix your syntax.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

sql

Could you please guide me where excatly my data doesnt match
    If u r talking abt the TO_timestamp functon ..that i used(start_date,dd-mon-yy hh24:mi:ss:fff') tooo..if its not please let me know..
    i know I might be doin some sily mistake....
    I 'll folow ur statement howver my database is facing some issue..so as soon it gets recitfy i 'll let u know...

Himanshu

Not trying to be rude, if you can't follow this instructions...
    Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    Look at your data, your data doesn't match your to_timestamp() format.
    Look at the example on previous posting.
    Fix your syntax.
    ... I'll be tempted to give up on you.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Sucessfull

Hey ,,If u dont mind Can I knw ur Name?
    I appologize for not looking at ur example carefully which agonised u.
    Howevr I followed and it worked sucessfully.Here is the code that I used

UPDATE STAGING_CONTRACT
    SET EFFECT_DATE = TO_TIMESTAMP(SUBSTR(START_DATE,1,18),'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS')
    ,EXPIRE_DATE = TO_TIMESTAMP(SUBSTR(END_DATE,1,18),'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS')

I m really Thankful to you.This litle stuff was like a pain in my neck....but now its a useful learning too for me.....

Himanshu

I'm glad it worked out.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

sqlldr

--Can I Knw your name so that I cane remebr always....
    One more thing have you ever worked on DBMS_Scheduler?

Himanshu

Around here most people calls me "Ivan le russe fou" which is a cute wording for "Ivan the crazy russian".
    Yes.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Hey Ivan

Ivan I m new in PL/SQL..but still able to get workaround luckily..jus because of such knowledge filled Forums.
    Now the problem is we've been asked to use dbms_scheduler whose task will be to run a shel script which will call other sqls for processing...
    The workng of scheduler is to call Linux M/C remotely..so if u have any basic knowledge how to do it?Please let me know

-Himanshu

You have to open a new thread
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

hi

I 'll do dat