DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Notification of Impending Password Expiration

Notification of Impending Password Expiration

Hi,

I'm using Oracle 8i.
    I undestand the use of profiles to effect certain password management features. Assume password lifetime = 90 days. I would like a notification (on logon to application) to be provided to user informing him of impending password expiration. This should be done progressively....ie 10 days...9 days....1 days .....etc.

Do I have to use this

password lifetime = 80
    password gracetime = 10

I haven't tried it...Is this the way to so this ? thanks

You have to solve it on the application side.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

life_time/grace_time will not work ?

I'm not sure. Do you mean the lifetime / grace time arrangement (as stated above) does not accomplish this ?

Quote Originally Posted by dhar
    I'm not sure. Do you mean the lifetime / grace time arrangement (as stated above) does not accomplish this ?
    I was referring to the message part of it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.