DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fine grain auditing

fine grain auditing

Hi,

I know I can use FGA for one table, but can I use fine grain auditing if I want to monitor all tables for specific user? I mean one policy for all tables. I'm trying to grab full sql statement that the user run (using sql*plus) against any tables. I've tried using normal audit, but didn't show sql text.

Thanks.

TRAIL_AUDIT = TRUE
    oracle 9.2.6.0 (9i)
    solaris

Thanks.

Unfortunately, no. As you know, in order to apply ADD_POLICY to an object you must specify an object name. Therefore, you have to apply a policy to each table. You can create a script that dynamically builds the ADD_POLICY procedure and just apply a separate policy to each table you would like.

Thanks. I guess FGA is not ideal if you want to monitor tables for specific user. I wish oracle will implement this on 9i. I know that in 10g you can view full sql statement but I'm still stuck with 9i for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by feroz
    I wish oracle will implement this on 9i.
    I wouldn't expect for Oracle to implement any new functionality on Ora9i having two full fleshed upper versions out there.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.