DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Install Oracle Database Thru HP-UX Server

Hi,
    I am installing the Oracle Database 8.1.7.0.0 for HP-UX 11.0. I encountered the problem when I install from CD. Immediately I type the ./runIntaller the message display saying the 'InternalError Can't connect to X11 Window server using vt220'

Can someone tell me the reason for this ? I am Installing the database thru the Server , will this cause the problem ?

Thanks

you have to install in X-Windows not from telnet session, if you are doing remotely in client you need to install an x-windows client (Reflection-X, Humminsbird X)

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, I am new in HP-UX. I need to know how to check if X-Window had been configured.

I had set the DISPLAY=<IP_Address>:0.0; export DISPLAY
    in my .profile but I still get the error saying not connect to the server. Could the X-window not install cause this problem ?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

type in clock at the prompt, if you do get analog clock displayed on your terminal, then your x-windows enabled. Otherwise not. follow the step per vendor instructions to make it enabeled.

$clock

You should use X-terminal or X-terminal emulator to startp Xwindows session.

Sergey.

You can use a Linux box to install.
    DISPLAY should point to the IP of the machine you are typing on.
    Ramon Caballero, DBA, rcaballe@yahoo.com