DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle vs DOT NET

Oracle vs DOT NET

Hi,, I am dotnet professional having Total IT experience of 4 yr.. But I would like to work on Oracle. I would like to continue my speicalisation in ORACLE..
    Can any one tell me how can I search Job on Oracle, as I don't have experience in Oracle. I am not getting any job offer with combination
    Asp.net + Oracle, Dotnet doing well with SQL server. I would like to change my track as early as possible as I m not able to do great with ASP.net.

Can any one suggest me.

edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you

Thumbs up

Hi,

I understand your concern since after 4 years of experience one might look at you as dot net profesion than giving task on oracle.

To get into Oracle try giving some demonstration on SQL & SQL plus to fresher or new comers with any database.(DB2, oracle, SQL Server). U need to do it by going out of the way..

Try friendly & interact with Database(SQL Server) people of your project. If you are activly participating on SQL server then try becoming mastering by moving towards databse side.

Try finding pros & cons of oracle with DotNet. That gives you better idea about oracle with dot net to switch.

Plan for certification.

Then try to switch the company.

Best luck