Hi everyone,

Well i'm fairly new with Oracle, and just needing some advice, and tips on which steps to take etc.

I have a 64 bit Linux machine with red hat 4 installed, this has Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10201_database_linux_x86_64.cpio.gz). I've installed the software and have a database set up too that i can use the web based enterprise manager with.

Now i have another machine, 64 bit and linux red hat 4, which i need to have to get Oracle clustering going using both these machines. So basicaly both of these machines should be in a cluster.

So for the 2nd machine, i need to download the Oracle 10g software right? and install that, PLUS install '10201_clusterware_linux_x86_64.cpio.gz' ? Do i need the first machine with this clusterware as well?

Basicaly im confused as what needs to be downloaded / run on what, and which documentation to read, as i have come across a few and not sure which to follow. Any help regarding what to do with the 2nd machine to get a cluster going and set up would be great,

Thanks in advance