DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OAS install issue

OAS install issue

Hi,

I've 3 machines all of them running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
    1. DB Server (Server A)
    2. App Server 1 (Server B)
    3. App Server 2 (Server C)

In the final configuration I'll have a load balancer that will send connections to either Server B or Server C.

Server "A" has a fully operational Oracle 10.2.0.3 on it. On this database I created the Meta repository. All of this effort went well.

I then tried to install the OAS on "Server B", but I want it to use the database and the Meta repository on the Server A. I am using a virtual host. The install fails with an error on the OC4J_Security. When I look at the install log inside ($ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/*island*) I See the error "SSO Server Startup failed".

I tried to install the OID by itself and it was successful but then when I try to install the SSO, it fails with the OC4J_Security.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks
    Girish

version?

Version:

Database : 10.2.0.3
    OAS : 10.1.4

Thanks
    Girish

Hi!
    I have not installed iAS for a long time but seems you should clarify for yourself what each service is and how it operates. Where the Metadata repository stays, what is infra, how it uses the database and how the rest of the installation uses the infra. Also as Dave mentioned, check if the iAS version is certified against this DB version

Did you follow the process detailed in Installing an OracleAS Cluster (Identity Management) Configuration? You may also want to review Active-Active Topologies.

I finally resolved the issue.

Thanks for every body's input.

Thanks
    Girish