DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Non-partition objects

Non-partition objects

Hi
    1.How can we find the non-partitioned objects in tablespaces and move these to another tablespace in oracle 10g.
    2.How to find partition objects which are active in tablespaces.

Thanks in advance
    mkr
    Last edited by manojmkr; 01-02-2008 at 07:56 AM.

neither of those questions makes sense

hi davey
    y does'nt make sense, iam asking how can we find non-partitioned objects in tablespace & active partitioned objects.

take dave's advice.. restructure your questions.. and most importantly know what your asking..
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

I'll give it a try...

You can query dba_tab_partitions and dba_ind_partitions to find out which tables and indexes are partitioned, also in which tablespace each partition is sitting.

You can query dba_tables and dba_indexes minus select distinct from dba_tab_partitions and dba_ind_partitions to find out which tables and indexes are not partitioned, also in which tablespace the non-partitioned objects are sitting.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks PAVB