DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: recursive SQL error

recursive SQL error

Hi

i am creating a package body but while creating it i am gettting this error:
    " PDE-PUP001 ORA-00604: error occured at recursive sql level 1 "

i had three independent procedures earlier. now i want to keep those 3 procedures in a Package body. i copy the code & pasted in the package body.
    out of 3 procedures , codes of 2 procedures were copied and package body was created sucessfully but while i copy the codes of 3rd procedure in the package body it gives me the above mentioned error.

i also tried creating a sql file and then run that file on SQL promt.but again it gives me same error.

early help in this matter is highly appreciated..

thanx

Please post the code.

i am just putting all the three independant procedures in one package.
    the procedures are doing fine independantly but when i am copying the code from those procedures (by simple cut,copy & paste command) inside the package, its giving me error.

thanx in advance

As Tamil said "post the code" of both your header and your body package.

If you are doing copy/paste you are probably not following the appropriate syntax to build a package.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

i am able to create two procedures inside the package body. the error is coming only when i paste third proc. even in that third proc i am able to paste 500 lines of code (out of total 1000 lines ). the error comes only when i paste rest of the code...... so that means third procedure is also created but only half of the code exits in the proc...syntax & everything is ok since it is not giving any compilation error to me....only when i paste rest of the 500 lines of code it gives me the error...

is there anyone in this forum who can help me and sort my problem out.

I see... you are not posting your code no matter how many times you are asked to do it.

Would you at least copy/paste -as opposed to typing it in- the whole error stack?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

did you miss the part where you were asked to post the code?

binoyshil:

If you're not comfortable posting your real code- due to security reason(s), create a pl/sql generic package code that would show the viewers exactly what you're requesting help for. This way, the viewers would understand your issue(s) as to render the necessary help.

DSupp2008.