DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which one is better?

Hi

If you get the offer for Apps DBA do go for it.

But at the same time whenever you get a chance dont solve problems blindly reason out why you are doing something ask questions learn from your superiors or mentors there.

Apps DBA=Oracle DBA+ Applications

So when you have become a master of Apps DBA you would notice that you would have learnt a significant portion of Oracle DBA.

regards
    Hrishy

Quote Originally Posted by j_e_paul
    thanx a lot .. i don't care about salary moreover i want to become a core DBA but the offer is for APPS DBA? wat can i do now? should i have to wait for the Core DBA opening or should go ahead wit this?
    wait? wrong. Go in there..and still keep looking for your core DBA. By the time that comes who would have had some APPS experience under your belt and taht may be just what gets your the nod over the next guy..
    Looking for the greatest evil in the world? Look in the mirror.

is it wiser to go for extensive DBA training in Wilshire Technologies in hyderabad india? hope they wil have some placement assistance...

as far as i know Wilshire gives placement assistance but no guarentee of 100% placement. But they teach DBA things ver well.
    Rgds
    Parag

placement assistance means they wil send for interviews right?? and forward our resume to top IT companies right?

top IT companies wont recruite freshers. you need to start from small scale company . Possibly not as a DBA but some kind of support work and then gradually move towards DBA
    Rgds
    Parag

They(Whilshire) can teach and guide you, but its you who got to do it on your own once you gonna come out of it,i got trained from it too may be 4 yrs back and struggled to get a break and finally got it in a small company as jr.DBA did worked for 1 1/2 yrs and and then came to U.S and working here and still in the learning process , this forum and lot of others helped me in this building process of mine .Moral of the story is ,start from somewhere doesn't matter if its Big Company or not once you get some real time experience then opportunities will follow you.

thank u monto... s ... i too don't care about big or small... i need an entry... tatz very important..

Quote Originally Posted by monto1
    They(Whilshire) can teach and guide you, but its you who got to do it on your own once you gonna come out of it,i got trained from it too may be 4 yrs back and struggled to get a break and finally got it in a small company as jr.DBA did worked for 1 1/2 yrs and and then came to U.S and working here and still in the learning process , this forum and lot of others helped me in this building process of mine .Moral of the story is ,start from somewhere doesn't matter if its Big Company or not once you get some real time experience then opportunities will follow you.

after finishing there?? did they provide any placement assistance?